The Planning Department conducts all statutory planning and permitting functions in a timely manner and with unbiased professionalism, fosters community pride, a sense of place and understanding, and confidence about the future direction of the Town. It also advocates sustainable growth to improve the quality of human life and lessen the burdens on wildlife and natural resources.
The Planning Board meets every second and fourth Monday of the month in the Selectman's Meeting room on the third floor of the Town Hall. The Planning Board can be contacted at 508-473-2679 or by e-mail.
The responsibilities of the Planning Department include:
- Providing wide-range support to the Boards and Committees of Mendon.
- Engaging in long-range planning for Mendon.
- Maintaining and further developing the Town's zoning bylaw and subdivision rules.
- Enforcing the zoning and other Town bylaws.
- Other community improvements and fulfilling various State and Federally required reporting and monitoring functions.
Members are elected to 5 year Terms.
|Gail L. Wellman||Administrative Assistant||(508) 473-2679|
|William Ambrosino||Chairman / CMRPC Rep (May 18, 2021)|
|Damon Tinio||Vice Chairman (May 17, 2022)|
|James Quirk||Secretary (May 16, 2023)|
|Barry Iadarola||Member / Land Use Committee Rep (May 12, 2020)|
|John Vandersluis||Member / ZBA Member (May 14, 2024)|