The benefits of a town having a Master Plan are:
- Assures that development is orderly and predictable.
- Guides an efficient capital spending program.
- May result in a better bond rating by demonstrating prudent fiscal policies.
- Provides bonus points on State grant applications.
- Identifies short and long-range actions and who is responsible for implementation.
- Engages local citizens in a positive dialogue about preserving valuable assets and growing responsibly.
- Serves as a reference for boards to make clear, fair, and consistent decisions.
- Gives the Town time to prepare for growth. While Mendon may be growing slowly at present, regional growth trends will eventually affect the Town.