Veterans, you have the right to:
· Get help from your local or town veterans services officer or town clerk in completing your application.
· Receive a full explanation of the services and veteran's benefits available under Chapter 115 MGL, as well as other available benefits.
· Receive a written notice and explanation of the approval or denial of your application for benefits.
[Chapter 108 Code of Massachusetts Regulations (CMR) 8.02 (1)]
· Be treated with dignity and respect, and receive accurate, courteous, and timely service.
· Appeal and request a hearing if you disagree with any action taken in your case [108 CMR 8:07 (1)]
· Expect confidentiality; personal information will not be collected or used except for the purposes of determining your eligibility for benefits.
· Receive fair and equal treatment without regard to veteran's status [Chapter 151B, Section 3 MGL]
· Preference in public employment.[Chapter 31, Section 25 and Chapter 41, Section 112 MGL]