The objective of the Mendon Historical Commission is to protect and preserve the Town's cultural character and assets, be they archaeological sites, historic buildings, open spaces, landscapes, or historic districts.
The Mendon Historical Commission meets the first Monday of the month, and when needed. Meetings are held at the Mendon Town Hall 20 Main Street at 7:00 P.M.
The Commission has several ongoing and upcoming projects for 2019 :
- Development of a Long Range Preservation Plan for the Town of Mendon
- Support the Local Historic District Committee
- Development of Community Outreach Programs
- Ongoing support for the Preservation of the 1895 Miscoe Springs Bottling Company Building on Northbridge Street
- Support in seeking funding sources and grants for the preservation of the Town's historic resources and culture
- Advisory role in the restoration and conversion of the Old Fire Station located at 20 Main Street
Members are appointed to a three year term by the Board of Selectmen. We welcome new members and encourage anyone interested in joining to contact us by email.
|Lynne Roberts||Chair (June 30, 2020)|
|Kathy Schofield||Recording Secretary (June 30, 2020)|
|Dan Byer||Member (June 30, 2021|
|Tom Merolli||Member (June 30, 2022|
|Janice Muldoon-Moors||Member (June 30, 2020)|
|Vacancy 1||(contact the commission for more info)|
|Michael Goddard||Member (June 30, 2021)|