Senior services and programs are available for the following:
- Computer/Technology Training - cell phones, i-pads etc.
- Educational Seminars
- Exercise Programs including Stretch/Flex, Yoga, T'ai Chi and Chair Exercise. Be sure to check with your physician first!
- Friendly Visiting - Outreach Services
- Food Pantry
- SNAP (Food Stamp) Applications
- Fuel Assistance Applications - Available Nov. 1st for new applicants. Recertifications Due September 1 - 30.
- Health Insurance Counseling-SHINE
- Housing Applications
- Information and Referral for home care services and Health Insurance information.
- Intergenerational Programs
- Legal Assistance Consultation
- Lunches: Tues & Thurs, occasional special lunches
- Recreation Day Trips and Overnight Trips
- Recreational/Social Programs - Cribbage, Bridge, Scrabble
- Transportation to medical appointments within a 15 mile radius of the center, shopping and Senior Center activities for Mendon residents who are 60 years and older and/or disabled who have no transportation of their own.
- Referrals for Veteran's Services
- Volunteer Information and Opportunity Orientation
- Wellness Programs including VNA Blood Pressure, Podiatry and Fall Flu Shot Clinics and Diabetes and Nutritional Workshops
- Whole Foods surplus on Mondays
The Mendon COA operates a Food Pantry for eligible Mendon residents and is open on first Monday of the month from 9am-12 pm or by appointment. Information on eligibility criteria can be obtained by calling the center.
Our Boy Scout troops have spent many hours of service collecting and shelving food for our pantry. Thanks to all the citizens, young and old, who have helped to keep the shelves full.
Fuel Assistance Applications - Available Nov. 1st for new applicants. Recertifications Due September 1 - 30.