OPEN VOLUNTEER POSITIONS: The following committees currently have open positions. Please send letters of interest to the Board:
Boards & Committees:
- Central Massachusetts Regional Planning Commission (1)
- Historical Commission (1)
- Local Historic District Study Committee (1)
- Master Plan (1)
- Finance Committee (1)
- Economic Development Committee
The Mendon Board of Selectmen is seeking members for an Economic Development Committee. The Economic Development Committee, (EDC), is intended to provide input and advice on the town’s economic development opportunities such as ways to support existing businesses, creation of new employment opportunities and the attraction of new investment. The committee would meet approximately once per month.If you are interested in participating please contact the Town Administrator, Kimberly Newman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Record Board of Selectman meetings
- Someone to record and broadcast meetings for approximately four hours per month. Training provided. Person will be time sharing with other residents; time commitment will be limited.
- Council on Aging Volunteer Application
- Cultural Council:
- The Mendon Cultural Council is seeking volunteers, residents interested in fostering the arts and humanities in our local community. Council responsibility includes: encouraging/promoting local cultural activities, reviewing/ evaluating grant applications to fund local artists/presentations and awarding Massachusetts Cultural Council funds. Time requirement is several meetings a year. For more information, please contact Marcy Singer via email at email@example.com or 508-473-8498.