The Long Term Financila Planning Committee was formed by Selectmen in July 2009. They appointed members with years of town finance and operations experience including three members of the Finance Committee, one member of the School Committee, one member of the Capital Planning Committee and three citizens at large, two who have years of previous elected office experience.
- To provide better insight into the Town’s current and long-term financial outlook.
- To provide transparency to the residents about the budget process.
- To provide recommendations to strengthen and improve the Town’s financial position.
- Serve as a resource to make the Town and regional school district’s budgets easier to understand.
- Create a 3-5 year forecast incorporating operational, capital & infrastructure needs.
- Highlight potential issues the Town will have to contend with over the forecast period.
- Identify causes of projected budget deficits and potential solutions.
- Ensure information is accessible and transparent.
- Compare Mendon’s financial situation toitspeer group.